Just announced, the LEGO Ghostbusters ECTO-1

Personally, I am a HUGE movie car fan. The 1989 Batmobile is one of my all-time favourites and an easy second place is this one… The Ghostbusters ECTO-1! I had heard rumours of this beast being released for a while, but it was all just word on the street. So you can imagine my excitement when it was confirmed!

Our friend Richard from The Rambling Brick was one of the very few to receive a review set this week, so I popped over to see Richard for a photography collab session!

Be sure to check out his write up here.

The Box

Yet another in the 18+ range, and this one with good reason to be. Sitting at 47cm in length, it falls just shy of the ’89 Batmobile, but I would consider it the same scale. As you can see from the box, this 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor has seen better days. It’s based upon the new filming Ghostbusters: Afterlife launching in 2021.

From what we have seen, the ECTO-1 was left to rust, never to see the light of day again.

This does come with a sticker sheet for the rusted panels, which is perfect for those pure Ghostbusters fans who want the original ECTO-1!

As you’ll see from our photos below, The Rambling Brick went sticker-less!

The Details

The LEGO Ghostbusters ECTO-1 contains 2,352 pieces and measures over 8″ (22.5cm) high, 18″ (47cm) long and 6″ (16.5cm) wide. Being an enjoyable build throughout, full of playability and function.

See the grey and clear pieces just above the front blue lights? That’s the steering wheel! So when you are cruising it along the loungeroom floor, you’ll be able to steer with ease!

There are also some other ghost detecting tools on the roof that move when the wheels move. The suicide doors open to reveal the gunners chair which can slide out for maximum ghostbuster potential. As well as a drop shoot from the back with releasing a ghost trap, handing for catching ghosts on the go!

Photos by The Rambling Brick

Sexy Photos

Thanks again to Richard from The Rambling Brick for allowing me to come and photograph this amazing build with him. Using a LumeCube with a green gel, along with some atmosphere aerosol and some Light My Brick LED’s. We were able to create life-like photos that really take this vehicle out of the box, and into the human world.

Luke William McGregor is an Australian comedian, writer, actor and a massive Ghostbusters fan! I sat down with Luke to build LEGO Ideas 21108 – The Ghostbusters ECTO-1 and gave him a sneak peek at the new LEGO 10274 – Ghostbusters: Afterlife ECTO-1.

If you enjoy reading our articles, please shop at LEGO by using our affiliate links below to show your support. Thank you for reading!

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

Tags: