• Tim and Dannii

Turning LEGO 75255 Into “The Child” – Rebrickable Designed By Allouryuen

A short while ago, I was lucky enough to be part of the announcement of the new “The Child” LEGO set, which released on shelves and online stores on October 30th alongside the new season of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+.

As part of that announcement, I also mentioned the work of Allouryuen, a MOC creator over on Rebrickable, an instruction-sharing website, who made his own version of “The Child” using LEGO 75255 Yoda.

Allouryuen, otherwise known as Wilson, actually reached out to us and offered for us to take a look at the instructions to build his MOC for ourselves – in which we were more than happy to oblige!

We’ve spent a good amount of time building the MOC and having a play with it, which we will cover toward the end of this article, but we were also lucky enough that Wilson was willing to answer a few questions for us to boot!

First off, who are you and what's your story?

Well, I’m a long-time lover of LEGO, but stopped building by the time I reached high school and found other interests. I only just got back into it in my mid 30’s.

I’m a full-time Civil Engineer and a part-time illustrator. I love drawing and creating things.

Is "The Child" your first work, or have there been projects before it?

I only started to MOC last December 2019, so this is my first MOC in almost 30 years (first MOC that has more than 12 pieces). I have built hundreds of MOCs as a kid, but that doesn’t really count does it?

Was this a solo project, or did you need some help?

Building the MOC was a solo job and I had to learn STUD.io, but was having issues attaching sub-models to one another as they just jumped everywhere. So I sought some guidance from a fellow AFOL ‘Frozenkuku’, he showed me life hacks with the software. He was the first person besides me to build "The Child", he also helped me enhance Rev B of the instructions.