LEGO – The Child From Mandalorian Announced (75318)

With the second series of The Mandalorian closing in on the 30th of October, it’s timely LEGO is releasing this set alongside the season release! The [much-loved] Child!

But is there a link between this set and Allouryuen’s on Rebrickable? More on this below…

Sitting at an almost 1:1 scale at 20cm high and coming complete with his favourite toy, the gearstick knob, “The Child” Set is sure to impress!

We are also lucky enough to receive a Minifigure scale of The Child also for those that missed out on the Razor Crest.

LEGO 75318 – The Child

The LEGO Group reveals its latest construction set featuring the beloved character from the Lucasfilm series Star Wars: The Mandalorian™.

The LEGO® Star Wars™ The Child construction set is inspired by the small-in-size but powerful-in-charisma character. The Child (or Baby Yoda as fans have affectionately dubbed the character), from the series.

The building set will be available globally from October 30th, with pre-orders starting today as part of the Mando Mondays program announcement from Disney and Lucasfilm.

Measuring just under 20cm (7.8 inches) in height, builders can experience the fun of building a set inspired by one of their favourite The Mandalorian™ stars in 1,073 pieces. Designed for fans aged 10 and over. Builders can make the model their own. With a posable head, movable ears and an adjustable mouth.

Fans can choose from a range of the Child’s famous expressions when putting their finished model on display.

Continues

“When I received the challenge to create a LEGO brick-built version of the Child, I knew that I had to get it just right” says Michael Lee Stockwell, Design Manager, LEGO® Star Wars™.

“The goal was to capture the charm, and above all, the cuteness of the character, so we worked meticulously, choosing and placing each and every brick.

We even included authentic details like the gearstick knob – a favourite toy of the Child as seen in the series.”

The construction set comes with an information plaque, which includes the Child’s height and age, and a LEGO® Star Wars™ Minifigure of the Child to complete a charming display.

Political AFOL Disclaimer:

Unfortunately, this particular build doesn’t come without its own sets of political arguments within the AFOL community.

There has been a very popular Alternate build MOC from Allouryuen over on Rebrickable – an independent instruction sharing website where fellow AFOLs can purchase instructions online.

Allouryuen’s model is a version of “The Child” made purely from LEGO 75255 Yoda.

People have been quick to say that this is LEGO simply trying to ‘steal’ an idea of their community. But this does seem incredibly unlikely due to the time required for approval and production. As well as the release date specifically lining up with the release of Season 2 of The Mandalorian.

It is important to remember that these types of work within the LEGO Group usually have months and months of preparation in the lead up to their announcements. This involves communication with LEGO and production, as well as approval from Lucasfilms themselves.

Is It Worth It?

It is also worth noting that Allouryuen’s instructions have unfortunately already been stolen by Vonado and Lepin. LEGO Knockoff Companies, not LEGO themselves.

Personally find that these items are coincidental in subject matter only and the two models stand independent of one another.

I do not have the alternate model version for Allouryuen, but I do plan on picking this one up when it becomes available.

I am left wondering however if his right arm can be raised or not, as I am very interested to see if he can hold a bowl of soup. Recreating one of my favourite moments and one of the best memes to come out of The Mandalorian Season 1.

Comment below and let us know your take on this!

75318 LEGO® Star Wars™ The Child construction set will be available for pre-order from 21st September and then globally from 30th October, directly via LEGO.com, LEGO Stores and other retailers.

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

Tags: