LEGO 76178 - Daily Bugle Complete With 25 Minifigures!

LEGO 76178

Daily Bugle

The LEGO Group reveals the new LEGO® Daily Bugle set, an intricate version of the iconic newspaper building, complete with the demanding editor, J. Jonah Jameson’s, and Peter Parker’s offices. Designed for grown-ups, it is the tallest LEGO Marvel set to date standing at 82cm tall and featuring 3,772 pieces.

The Daily Bugle offices first featured in The Amazing Spider-Man comic series over 50 years ago in 1963 and remains a much-loved setting throughout the web-slinger’s various adventures. Workplace of Peter Parker, Ben Urich, Robbie Robertson, J. Jonah Jameson and Betty Brant, it is here that the iconic phrase of “Get me pictures of Spider-Man!” was first uttered.

The LEGO Daily Bugle is incredibly detailed both inside and out, with four floors, the front street and the back alley. The whole set is also modular meaning you can remove walls and floors to get to the action within.

Within the building, there are several famous settings from the various universes, including the ground floor entrance that can be destroyed to look like an explosion has taken place and the newsroom on the first floor complete with the usual office furniture of desks and computers, but also much-needed donuts and other treats!

Moving up to the second floor, the villainous Green Goblin can be seen smashing a window to get to Peter Parker’s office where his camera lies waiting for the next story. The top floor also features both Betty Brant and J. Jonah Jameson’s offices.

The detail doesn’t stop with the building, as the set includes a huge cast of 25 Minifigures, featuring Spidey himself alongside his most famous friends and foes, such as Gwen Stacy, Venom, Mysterio, and Doctor Octopus. The set also features new exclusive Minifigures including Daredevil and Blade.

Mark John Stafford, LEGO Set Designer commented “I was seven years old when I was given my first Spider-man comic and I have always had an image of creating a LEGO model of the Daily Bugle and having Spidey and his Amazing Friends in conflict with his various enemies.

“One of my favourite elements is the Green Goblin flying inside the building through the window. Being able to design a moment of frozen action like this in a LEGO set has always been a dream and I finally got to make it happen! "

The impressive building is a true challenge for LEGO builders and Spider-Man fans alike thanks to its large scale and intricacies. Whether it’s part of a wider collection or a standalone piece it’s a set worthy of display.

Full character list

  1. Fire Star

  2. Blade

  3. Doctor Octopus

  4. Spider-Man

  5. J. Jonah Jameson

  6. Betty Brant

  7. Venom

  8. Miles Moraes

  9. Spider-Ham

  10. Green Goblin

  11. Gwen Stacy

  12. Carnage

  13. Punisher

  14. Peter Parker

  15. Spider-Gwen

  16. Black Cat

  17. Robbie Robertson

  18. Ben Urich

  19. Mysterio

  20. Daredevil

  21. Sandman

  22. Aunt May

  23. Newspaper worker

  24. New York taxi driver

  25. Receptionist

LEGO Daily Bugle set is available from LEGO Stores and LEGO.com from 26th May for LEGO VIP members and 1st June, 2021 for all.

Follow Andrew on Instagram

@CheepJokes

If you enjoy our articles, photos and videos, please show your support by clicking below and buying your LEGO via the affiliate links below to show your support. Thank you!

Official LEGO® Shop

LEGO Australia - LEGO UK

LEGO USA - LEGO Canada

Check out the new book by LEGO Masters Australia Season 1 winners Henry and Cade!

Brick Dad is currently available for pre-order by clicking here.

FIND US ON SOCIALS

You can also find us on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.

@CheepJokes

Review sets and new release announcements are provided by the

AFOL Engagement team of the LEGO Group for review purposes.

All opinions are my own.

Welcome to Brick Banter

Brick Banter is a Recognized LEGO Fan Media (RLFM) channel, with news and reviews created specifically for Adult Fans Of LEGO. Our articles are written by a team of fellow AFOLs that also share your passion for these wonderful plastic bricks.

Shop LEGO

LEGO-Affiliate.jpeg

Categories

Follow Us

  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Facebook
BrickerBuilds-Discount.gif
Lightailing-Discount.gif
Brickdad.jpg
205338836_RecognizedLFM_cmyk_Black_V_201