• LEGOMasterAnnie

LEGO Masters Australia - S03E01 Recap - Stop In Your Tracks Challenge

LEGO Masters Australia

Season 3 Episode 1 - Recap

Hi Brickman and Hamish, so glad to see you back! Your elbow bump makes it clear where in a covid world but that won't stop the LEGO fun. We are introduced to our 8 teams for 2021. I just have to say here, there are some stunning looking humans in this group. 2021 is a bit of a Love Island LEGO Masters cross over. Dazzling accents and charming smiles are filing through the roller door and I’m pretty excited to watch them lay some LEGO Bricks.

But let’s not get distracted by the talent, Hamish wants to direct our attention to the roller door… oh wait. The side door!

A glowing light and Hamish’s classic comedic sound effects make it evident that the editors have an easy job this season. The coveted platinum brick is revealed and now we know what we’re playing for.

The Platinum brick is an upgrade from Season two. The holders have the ability to hold immunity through a challenge, but rather than having to play before it all starts, they can wait until judgements are made at the END of a build and then play it to save themselves. What a fairy-tale!

Stop In Your Tracks Challenge

Fleur has already lit up my life and I am so insanely glad she decided to go on national TV. Her vibrancy and enthusiasm is infectious. She mentions her desire to play with grown-up LEGO instead of constant trains at home with her gorgeous son Heston.

Which leads us to our challenge.

TRAINS! Yay for Fleur! Obviously, she takes it like a champion and without hesitation, she delights us again by sharing the enthusiasm her son will feel when he sees what his uber-talented mum can do. I want to be like her.

Have we noticed the lack of drama yet? Let’s bring some in. DUN DUN DUN. The Brick of DOOM. *Insert hideous sound effects and lighting here*. In a classic brick pick, each team takes turns collecting a brick bag in the hope it does not contain the Brick of Doom *scream*.

The Brick of DOOM contains a 5-minute delay curse, a very enthusiastic Hamish Blake interruption and many nerve raising sounds and lights. I suppose when everyone is so darn delightful, how else do you create contro