• LEGOMasterAnnie

Celebrating The Female Leaders Of Tomorrow - The LEGO Group Recreates Iconic 1980s Advert.

The LEGO Group is calling on families to help celebrate the skills, interests and creative potential of the next generation of female leaders by recreating its iconic 1981 LEGO® advert.

On the 40th anniversary of the ‘What it is is beautiful’ advert, the LEGO Group are launching the campaign to support this year’s International Women’s Day on March 8. The campaign is designed to encourage and champion today’s young women on their journey to becoming the decision-makers, role models and changemakers of the future, whatever their interests, passions or career aspirations may be.

By visiting LEGO.com/futurebuilders, parents and legal guardians can find inspiration and submit a photo of their child holding their LEGO creation, along with a few words that describe their child’s creative approach. A unique poster, in the style of the iconic 1980s advert, will then be emailed back, ready to be proudly displayed or shared using #LEGOFutureBuilders.

Julia Goldin, Global Chief Product and Marketing Officer at the LEGO Group commented: “At the LEGO Group, we believe children are our role models. We look to them for inspiration every day and want to help them break down gender stereotypes and create opportunities for everyone. Celebrating people helps empower people, and through this campaign, we, along with the help of parents and caregivers, want to celebrate the skills and creative potential of today’s young women – the next generation of amazing female leaders!”