Taking the LEGO Technic Top Gear Rally Car For A Test Drive

The LEGO Technic Top Gear Rally Car review, driven by The Stig, takes on an off-road adventure in this action-packed montage. We also explore the capabilities of its powerful 9V battery-powered engine.

Subscribe: https://bit.ly/3cqWfxy

The Car

In the midst of Melbourne’s strict 2020 lockdown, I found myself with a unique opportunity to dive into the world of the LEGO Technic Top Gear Rally Car.

Despite the challenging circumstances, I was excited to create a captivating video showcasing this remote-controlled marvel.

Given its app-based remote control functionality, I aimed to push the car to its limits and craft an exhilarating car montage video reminiscent of Top Gear’s iconic style.

However, the limitations imposed by the lockdown meant that my filming options were restricted to my property.

I started by capturing shots in my driveway and any available paths within my premises.

Placing the camera at ground level, I attempted to capture dynamic action sequences. It quickly became apparent that the LEGO car’s electric motor, while impressive, had its speed limitations. E

ven at its maximum velocity, it was relatively slow.

To overcome this, I filmed with the knowledge that I would need to accelerate the footage during editing. Consequently, I had to take corners more gradually to account for the eventual appearance of speed when the footage was sped up.

But I didn’t stop there. I was determined to push the boundaries and take the car off-road. The result?

A dusty and adventurous journey as I drove the car over gravel, tackled downhill slopes to catch some air off curbs, and maneuvered through dirt tracks.

After each shoot, I diligently cleaned the car, preparing it for the next day’s rounds of shooting.

I invite you to enjoy the video as much as I relished making it! For more exciting content, visit YouTube.com/CheepJokes.

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

Tags: