LEGO Sets Retiring 2020

Lego sets retire 2020. As January 1st 2021 approaches with a vast range of new items. This sadly means a lot of the LEGO sets you have been putting off buying for the last year or two are on their way out. Decisions must be as to if you need these in your life?!

Sometimes it’s a set to complete the collection, other times it’s a set that has some cool pieces they will be handy for MOC purposes. If you’re in the Minifigure game, it could mean getting the set that contains a Minifig you don’t want to pay for on Bricklink by itself. Gosh, I wish I had of stocked up on LEGO 6866 in 2012 for Deadpool…

Hopefully, this list of LEGO sets retiring soon helps you make some decisions before they are gone forever!

Power Functions

There is always a large variety of Power Functions available at the LEGO Shop, plus with technology always updating things can become out of date quickly. But, LEGO is LEGO, sometimes you find something that works perfectly for your MOC needs, so you might not want to miss out on these!

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here

LEGO Creator, LEGO Store and LEGO City

The Volkswagen T1 Camper Van has been kicking around for quite a while. It’s almost become a staple on the shelves that we thought would never go away. But it seems it’s time has come! If you have been pondering on this one for a while, it’s your time to shine!

The LEGO Store Picture Frame might seem a little ‘meh’. But you have some cool printed LEGO Set bricks behind the counter that might make you think otherwise.

LEGO Rocket Assembly is another popular one on the way out, I seem to always sleep on these city Space sets and regret it when it’s too late.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

LEGO Dots

I hear you rolling your eyes… But once they’re gone, you’ll miss them. You’ll be planning your next MOC and be thinking. “Oh, you know what will be handy? Some light purple 1/4 circles to round off this edge. I wish I had of stocked up my brick-pit with some Dots”.

These also come in handy for topping up your shopping cart to reach the free shipping minimum.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

LEGO Marvel, LEGO Overwatch, LEGO Ninjago, LEGO Minecraft, LEGO Brickheadz

A weird variety of sets here, but others in each series that is being retired have already sold out! For those part-only people, there are some cool options here. Plan those MOCs in advance and think about what you could use them for.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

Harry Potter

Obviously, Harry Potter as a series will be floating about for a while. With so many different sets coming across the shelves. The Series 2 Minifigures is full of characters and costumes you’ll want to fill up the world with. If you haven’t stocked up on these yet, it’s highly recommended! Especially for those Butterbeer glasses!

  • LEGO 71028 – Harry Potter – Series 2 Minifigures.

  • LEGO 75958 – Harry Potter – Beauxbatons’ Carriage: Arrival At Hogwarts.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

LEGO Hidden Side

Love it or hate it, in 2-3 years time, you’ll be chasing down these sets at ridiculous prices. Remember that time that you could have just gotten them cheaper at RRP… The trans pieces look amazing under the right lights, this will be important for an amazing MOC idea you haven’t had yet. I’m not going to ruin the future for you, but you’ll know when it happens…

  • LEGO 70421 – Hidden Side – El Fuego’s Stunt Truck.

  • LEGO 70430 – Hidden Side – Newbury Subway.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

LEGO Friends

Fun colours, fun accessories elements and pretty cute. Friends sets have a huge market and are popular for a reason. If you don’t know why then maybe it’s not for you.

They bring a different vibe to your display when incorporated into the LEGO City sets and once again, are handy for hitting that Free Shipping threshold.

  • LEGO 41337 – Friends – Underwater Loop.

  • LEGO 71389 – Friends – Ice Cream Cart.

  • LEGO 41410 – Friends – Andrea’s Summer Play Cube.

  • LEGO 41436 – Friends – Olivia’s Jungle Play Cube.

  • LEGO 41437 – Friends – Mia’s Jungle Play Cube.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

LEGO Trolls

Sometimes I’m an internet troll… But not this time. As a set, these don’t tickle my fancy. But that’s just me! BUT, if you remove the story element and look at just the colours and the pieces.

I see LOADS of potential. Gold records, bright coloured base plates and cool printed elements! Don’t judge the set by their cover, it’s what’s inside that counts.

  • LEGO 41250 – Trolls – Techno Reef Dance Party.

  • LEGO 41253 – Trolls – Lonesome Flats Raft Adventure.

  • LEGO 41256 – Trolls – Rainbow Caterbus.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

LEGO Key Chains

How did LEGO Key Chains make the list you ask? Well, they fall under the category of this article. But also that I LOVE LEGO key chains. I know, I’m weird. I have a box full of them from over the years. But that’s a blog for another time…

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here.

Once these LEGO sets listed above are sold out on the LEGO Shop at Home website, don’t expect them to return! Click the link below to head to your countries site.

UK Shop hereEUR Shop hereUSA Shop HereAUD Shop hereCA Shop Here

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

Tags: