The 1st of January is the biggest and most expensive day of the year for LEGO fans. With over 100 new sets are due to hit the shelves!

For those long term LEGO lovers, you know what January 1st means… Staying up till midnight to be the first to purchase all the new sets you want, before they sell out! Alternatively, getting up early after staying up till 1 am making your purchases, to also head to the LEGO Store in person to pick up the sets!

This year there are over 100 new sets hitting the shelf. With some new themes and categories, some continued themes and of course LEGO classics like CITY and Creator. Take a look through your potential shopping like below! We have added hyperlinks to the theme pages for you, just click the words or pictures to be taken there. They are affiliate links, so any clicks followed by a purchase, all goes towards keeping this site alive. Happy shopping my friends! <3

Architecture

Riding solo, Singapore is this year’s new Architecture set. We did get one early here at BrickBanter.com, so if you want to check out our review, it’s here. But if you want to buy it, the links below!

LEGO 21057 – Singapore

DC

With the new Batman film due in 2022, LEGO gives us 4 new sets to enjoy! A brand new Batcave, 2 versions of the new Batmobile, plus a nice affordable bike chase!

42127 – The Batman Batmobile

76179 – Batman & Selina Kyle Motorcycle Pursuit

76181 – Batmobile: The Penguin Chase

76183 – Batcave: The Riddler Face-off

Brickheadz

Can you believe Brickheadz are 150+ deep! At least they are small and easy to display. They have continued their move into the animal word, along with a holiday and Star Wars release.

40539 – Star Wars Ahsoka Tano

40540 – Lion Dance Guy

40543 – St. Bernard

40544 – Pets – French Bulldog

LEGO City

The theme with the most new releases for 2022 goes to CITY! Who doesn’t love CITY?! This year we see literally everything a beginner would need to get a LEGO City started. Police, fire, hospital,school… All bases are covered! The best part, city is unlikely to see out first, so you can space out these over the course of the year!

60312 – Police Car

60314 – Ice Cream Truck Police Chase

60315 – Police Mobile Command Truck

60316 – Police Station

60317 – Police Chase at the Bank

60318 – Fire Helicopter

60319 – Fire Rescue & Police Chase

60320 – Fire Station

60321 – Fire Brigade

60322 – Race Car

60323 – Stunt Plane

60324 – Mobile Crane

60325 – Cement Mixer

60326 – Picnic In The Park

60327 – Horse Transporter

60328 – Beach Lifeguard Station

60329 – School Day

60330 – Hospital

60343 – Rescue Helicopter

60350 – Lunar Research Base

60351 – Rocket Launch Center

Chinese Lunar New Year

It’s year of the Tiger, and LEGO celebrates once again with these cute sets! You can find our review on the Brickheadz here, and the other two sets, you’ll find our review closer to the end of the month.

80108 – Lunar New Year80108 – Lunar New Year Traditions

80109 – Lunar New Year Ice Festival

40540 – Lion Dance Guy

Collector Minifigures – Series 22

LEGO has reached #22 in the Collectable Minifigure Series! A staple of these sets being the character costumes, and this years one is HOT! LEGO continue to extend their diversity in characters with a wheelchair athlete and male ice skater. We also have a purple space outfit for the first time which we know many Classic Space fans are excited about!!!

LEGO 71032 – Minifigures Series 22

Creator & Creator Expert

Ok, so… We have a couple of new things here… And I’m pretty sure they will be out Jan 1st! But LEGO recently removed the Postcards for New York and Beijing sets from the website. We’ll have to wait and see! But, I know it’s a lot of peoples favourite release each year, the Modular! Check out our review here, it’s pretty flippin’ nice!

4051840518 – High-Speed Train

40519 – New York Postcard

40520 – Beijing Postcard

40524 – Sunflowers

10297 – Boutique Hotel

Disney

If you dig Disney, you’ll dig this! Because it’s Disney!

10960 – Belle’s Ballroom (Not pictured)

43198 – Anna’s Castle Courtyard

43199 – Elsa’s Castle Courtyard

43203 – Aurora, Merida and Tiana’s Enchanted Creations

Dots

New colours, new prints, new dots!

41942 – Into the Deep Bracelet41942 – Into the Deep Bracelet s with Charms

41943 – Gamer Bracelet with Charms

41944 – Candy Kitty Bracelet & Bag Tag

41945 – Neon Tiger Bracelet & Bag Tag

41946 – Extra DOTS – Series 6

41948 – Cute Banana Pen Holder

Friends

Full of fun colours, vehicles and friends. The Friends theme never disappoint, returning with eight cool new sets!

41695 – Pet Clinic

41697 – Turtle Protection Vehicle

41700 – Beach Glamping

41701 – Street Food Market

41702 – Canal Houseboat

41703 – Friendship Tree House

41704 – Main Street Building

41707 – Tree-Planting Vehicle

LEGO Ideas

Rumoured by Promobricks to be arriving in January, Sonic LEGO Ideas is apparently on the way as well! No word just yet on an exact release date, I assume if it were Jan 1st, we would know by now. So stay tuned!

21331 – LEGO Ideas Sonic Mania – Green Hill Zone

Marvel

Ok, brace yourself! We don’t know what is happening with these sets! After appearing on the LEGO Shop website, they were removed. In a rollercoaster of events, minisuperherostoday revealed LEGO’s announcement of these sets possibly being cancelled. Stay tuned I guess!

76202 – Wolverine Mech Figure

76203 – Iron Man Mech Armour

76204 – Black Pantur Mech Armour

76206 – Iron Man Figure

76205 – Gargabtos Showdown

Minecraft

Minecraft is back for another year! I’ll be honest, I don’t know anyone who collects these, but it’s outside of my demographic! They are back, and for a reason I’m sure!

21177 – The Creeperâ„¢ Ambush

21178 – The Fox Lodge

21179 – The Mushroom House

21180 – The Guardian Battle

21181 – The Rabbit Ranch

21183 – The Training Grounds

Monkie Kid

We had a lot of fun reviewing this years Monkie Kid theme! Start by checking out our review of the City Of Lanterns!!! Such a rad set!!! Work your away around to our Chang’e Moon Cake Factory review. OH. My. God!

80030 – Monkie Kid’s Staff Creations

80031 – Mei’s Dragon Car

80032 – Chang’e Moon Cake Factory

80033 – Evil Macaque’s Mech

80034 – Nezha’s Fire Ring

80035 – Monkie Kid’s Galactic Explorer

80036 – The City of Lanterns

Ninjago

Following on from their 10th anniversary, Ninjago returns for another year, bigger and better than ever!!! With nine glorious new sets to add to your collection. And if you are lucky, or rich enough, there is a 10th set, LEGO 4002021. But good luck trying to find it!

71757 – Lloyd’s Ninja Mech

71760 – Jay’s Thunder Dragon EVO

71761 – Zane’s Power Up Mech EVO

71762 – Kai’s Fire Dragon EVO

71763 – Lloyd’s Race Car EVO

71765 – Ninja Ultra Combo Mech

71766 – Lloyd’s Legendary Dragon

71776 – Jay and Nya’s Race Car EVO

71767 – Ninja Dojo Temple

Star Wars

What?! Only six sets?! Chill out… Don’t you know how LEGO works? There will be plenty more throughout the year. If you are a Star Wars only collector, hold onto your coins, your chance will come.

40539 – BrickHeadz Ahsoka Tano

40557 – Defence of Hoth

40558 – Clone Trooper Command Station

75320 – Snowtrooper Battle Pack

75321 – The Razor Crest Microfighter

75322 – LEGO Star Wars Hoth AT-ST

Stuntz

Stuntz. What else can I say.

60296 – Wheelie Stunt Bike (Not pictured)

60309 – Selfie Stunt Bike

60310 – Chicken Stunt Bike

60311 – Fire Stunt Bike

Super Mario

1up! More Super Mario! Life is an expansion set in this theme, you can continue playing and extending your Mario world! But let’s be honest, wait till they are on sale on Amazon.

71396 – Bowser Jr.’s Clown Car Expansion Set

71397 – Luigi’s Mansion Lab and Poltergust Expansion Set

71398 – Dorrie’s Beachfront Expansion Set

71399 – Luigi’s Mansion Entryway Expansion Set

71400 – Big Urchin Beach Ride Expansion Set

71401 – Luigi’s Mansion Haunt-and-Seek Expansion Set

71402 – Character Packs – Series 4

Technic

Technic is hitting 2022 a little soft IMO. But sit tight, I reckon the REAL good stuff is being saved for later in the year 😉

42127 – THE BATMAN – BATMOBILE

42130 – BMW M 1000 RR (Not pictured)

42132 – Motorcycle

42134 – Monster Jam Megalodon

42135 – Monster Jam El Toro Loco

42137 – Formula E Porsche 99X Electric

42138 – Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Ladies and gentlemen, happy shopping on 1st of January. Spend wisely, and remember restocks do happen throughout the year, so don’t stress if you miss out. None of these sets are rare!

Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed this please leave a comment below.

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

BrickBanter.com is a recognized LEGO® Fan Media account.

Review sets are supplied by the LEGO group.

Tags: