LEGO® Disney Mickey and Friends
The LEGO Group revealed a new Mickey and Friends range with Disney, introducing five exciting sets to spark creativity and imaginative play for young children aged 4 and over.
Each set comes with instructions for children who are just learning to read and Starter Brick elements such as a big car or plane chassis to kickstart the building process. The instructions also feature short build-and-play loops to develop confidence and ensure a great building experience that will boost their problem-solving, role-play and concentration skills and encourage resilience while they play.
“I loved Disney Mickey Mouse, Disney Minnie Mouse and all of their friends when I was younger so designing these sets felt very nostalgic. We hope the new LEGO® Disney Mickey and Friends range will offer great fun and role-playing opportunities to help young children learn about friendship, communication and resilience with characters they know and love. With these five new sets that explore firefighting, flying, trips to a farm, space exploration and shopkeeping, we aim to inspire young children and introduce them to LEGO building whatever their interests,” says James Stephenson, Senior Designer at the LEGO Group.
LEGO® Disney – Mickey Mouse’s Propeller Plane
· A 59-piece set that gives children a great opportunity to explore flight, checking that the plane is ready, cleaning it and flying off on adventures.
· The set features a plane with a Starter Brick chassis, to help get the building going so there’s more time for play, plus a Minifigure and an exclusive Mickey Mouse tile.
· The set has a wide range of fun details and accessories to boost role-play possibilities, such as a maintenance tool rack with a wrench and spray bottle elements, plus a small flag build.
· The plane measures over 2 in. (6 cm) high and 5.5 in. (14 cm) wide.
LEGO® Disney – Minnie Mouse’s Ice Cream Shop
· This 100-piece imaginative set offers youngsters fun role-play and building skills growth as they run an ice cream shop and play at the beach.
· The set features an ice cream shop, a car with a Starter Brick chassis, Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck Minifigures and an exclusive Mickey Mouse silhouette tile.
· The set is full of fun details including a beach chair and parasol, a small wave build and a surfboard.
· Measures over 4 in. (11 cm) high and 3 in. (8 cm) wide.
LEGO® Disney – Mickey & Minnie Mouse’s Space Rocket
· This 88-piece set takes children on a journey to space with Disney’s Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. Landing on a new planet, collect and study rocks and even make a new alien friend.
· The set includes a rocket, station, a large rock that opens and holds an alien inside, a camera and a small flag build to boost role-play possibilities.
· The rocket measures over 5.5 in. (14 cm) high and 2.5 in. (7 cm) wide.5
LEGO® Disney – Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck’s Farm
· The 118-piece set lets children explore fun on the farm with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. The set includes animals and vegetables, which makes it fun for children to nurture their roleplay and building skills while acting out farm chores and learning about life in the countryside.
· The set includes a variety of accessories, including a winch function on the barn and a buildable chicken coop toy, tools, fruits, vegetables, animals and an egg.
· The barn measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high and 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide.
LEGO® Disney – Mickey & Friends Fire Truck & Station
· The 144-piece set lets kids discover Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as brave firefighters. With a fun building experience and roleplaying, children can learn about fighting fires by helping Mickey and Minnie stop a fire at Goofy’s BBQ.
· The set includes a fire station, fire truck, 3 Minifigures and a dog figure with rubberized ears and tail, a food dish and bone for Disney’s Pluto (appearing for the first time ever in LEGO sets), plus firefighting tools.
· The fire station measures over 5.5 in. (14 cm) high and 9 in. (24 cm) wide.
The new Mickey and Friends sets for builders aged 4 and over will be available from June 1st globally from LEGO.com, LEGO Stores and other retailers and from August 1st in AMS.
Follow Andrew on Instagram
If you enjoy our articles, photos and videos, please show your support by clicking below and buying your LEGO via the affiliate links below to show your support. Thank you!
Official LEGO® Shop
Check out the new book by LEGO Masters Australia Season 1 winners Henry and Cade!
FIND US ON SOCIALS
Review sets and new release announcements are provided by the
AFOL Engagement team of the LEGO Group for review purposes.
All opinions are my own.