LEGO 40446 Mickey & LEGO 40457 Minnie

LEGO Brick Sketches is a recent theme of plated imagery that has captured the likes of characters. Such as Batman, The Joker, BB-8 and a Stormtrooper. Now we have sketches of the two most famous mice in TV history, Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Unlike the theme predecessors, these are two highly cartoony characters who have round and protruding features. So how does it translate to a LEGO Sketch?

Looking at these Sketches, it is without any doubt who they are. The Iconic image of Mickey and Minnie are unmistakable. The layering of plates certainly give a sense of their spherical heads. The use of the quarter circle tiles with the half oval plate delivers the exact right shape for the cartoony eyes found on all Classic Disney Characters. In fact, they are the whole reason these sketches have a sense of life and expression!

Fans of Disney’s iconic characters can build and display their own Mickey & Minnie Mouse illustration with this LEGO® Brick Sketches™ kit. Hang it on the wall using the built-in hook – the 12x16 baseplate holds the LEGO bricks firmly in place – or stand it on a shelf. It’s a perfect gift for birthdays, holidays or other celebrations and an impressive addition to any collection of LEGO Brick Sketches character portraits.

Side By Side

The colours chosen are obviously right and the outfit/accessory choices aren’t distracting or unattractive. The most important note to take away about the colours chosen is the background colour. Mickeys background is red, while Minnie’s is yellow and while Mickey’s bow tie is yellow and Minnie’s outfit is red. These two sketches are actually intended to complement each other when side by side. It feels like these two sketches are almost intended at one boxed set.

Now, I do have some qualms with these sketches. These characters are built absolutely identical, ignoring their attire of course. Instead of selling two identical builds, why not present one in a different pose? Or with a different expression just to make it worth buying 2 of the same mouse.

These Sketches offer no new pieces, I could buy just one then recreate the second out of my collection by following the instructions. In my opinion, how cute would it be to have them facing one another. Or leaning in to kiss each other!? Other than being a great money saver, selling the same thing twice seems silly. Definitely a missed opportunity on LEGO‘s part.

Tiles

I think it might just be me who is irritated by inconsistent plating/tiling, but the cheeks being tiled while the rest is studded bothers me. If any part should be without studs, it should be the eyes because they would be a different texture to mouse fur. I hope it’s not just me that is irked by this kind of detail because I would like to see less of it in the future.

Verdict

Overall, I think the Minnie and Mickey sketches translated well and can make a nice addition to a Disney fanatics space, especially if displayed together to get the full impact of the coordinated colours. I hope to see the whole iconic Disney crew make it to the Sketches theme as it would make a neat display shelf.

LEGO Brick Sketches -Disney - Mickey & Minnie  Fans of Disney’s iconic characters can build and display their own Mickey & Minnie Mouse illustration with this LEGO® Brick Sketches™ kit. Hang it on the wall using the built-in hook – the 12x16 baseplate holds the LEGO bricks firmly in place – or stand it on a shelf. It’s a perfect gift for birthdays, holidays or other celebrations and an impressive addition to any collection of LEGO Brick Sketches character portraits.

LEGO Brick Sketches -Disney – Mickey & Minnie

LEGO Deals on Amazon

Check out the latest deals at Amazon AU

Thank you for reading

Support BrickBanter.com by shopping for your LEGO® via the affiliate links below.

It’ll cost you nothing but will mean the world to us. 🫶

🇦🇺 Australia🇨🇦 Canada – 🇪🇺 Europe🇬🇧 United Kingdom🇺🇸 United States💛 Everyone else

Explore more articles

Tags: