• Tim and Dannii

Why AFOLs Are Threatened By The Bionicles 90th Anniversary Vote

I’m going to start this conversation with a little pre-text. I am a Bionicle fan, but I believe Bionicle will not be selected for the 90th anniversary. There are so many arguments being hurled from one side to the other and we’re here today to iron them out. We’re dispelling rumours about BOTH sides of the argument. Bionicle fan ones too.

"I am a Bionicle fan, but I believe Bionicle will not be selected for the 90th anniversary."

The biggest swirl of Adult Fan of LEGO drama right now, just in case you missed it, is the recent 90th-anniversary public voting poll by LEGO over on the LEGO Ideas website.

As described by the LEGO Group themselves

To celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group, help us choose a classic theme to be reimagined as a single new product for the 2022 LEGO Adult Portfolio. We have created a list of our 30 favourite classic LEGO themes for you to choose from.

Splitting this fan vote into two parts, you will have three votes in the first vote. You can vote a maximum of once for a theme in the first vote. This vote will be 100% transparent!

The second vote will be the top three themes from the first vote. One of the three themes will be the theme the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on. This vote will not be transparent, so it's still a little bit of a secret.

So why is this becoming a huge drama suddenly?

What has gotten people so angry and frustrated?

Well, it simply comes down to one theme being on the list, Bionicles.

"People need to learn that not all LEGO is intended for them."

The Bionicle Background

Once again, for the benefit of the doubt, if you don’t know what Bionicles are/were, I’ll lay it out for you.